Thursday, May 14, 2009

men

Ok, here goes.
Why is it that when a woman gets home she doesn't stop work? A woman has just began her day of things to do and chores that no one else wants but that have to be done. I find it odd that men just automatically sit-rest-relax and women just go ahead and pick up shoes and inforce homework and the work load of the kids. Women let themselves play the part, we want to nurture and care as much as possible yet we end up becoming a work horse martyer without meaning to.

How do I stop this behavior? What can I do to end it now? I hate this part of me right now at 12:44am. I want to tell her to shut up and take it and realize that he is a wonderful man and they are wonderful kids and they love her and she loves them. There are mcuh worse things than not being appreciated at times, like an affair or drug use or being abused.

Yet i say-"No honey let me get that..." "I'm happy to do it for you...." "Sure go play golf/hunt/fish/whatever you would just love to fill your free time with. I'll be right here folding everyones laundry just as I have been everyday for three weeks straight without so much as a thanks" And deep down, here is the sad part- I mean it. I do want his happiness even in exchange for my own- if necessary. Even when it has been a terrible day and I am trying to wait to breath or cry or fall apart the instant they are asleep- he can call and say,"Hey just wanted to see if you had plans for the evening?" I answer no because I know he wants to go play and I am flattered he called to inform me. (My ex did some damage huh?) When inside I want to whisper, "Yes dear. I need you to come home and rescue me from these two small persons who have invaded my personal space all day long, and I think my cell phone may be in the potty as we speak."

I cannot bring myself to ruin his good time

Sometimes women make me sick, or is it just that I make me sick? Because deep down I'm just tired and if given the oppurtunity to go/see/do I would not be able to think of anywhere I could go, or anything to do or see. I would just like to take a nap, and the best place to do that is in my own bed, on top of a pile of freshly folded laundry that no one is grateful for and on a good day they say, "By the way(when it wasn't part of the conversation) I'm out of socks."

No comments:

Post a Comment