Monday, June 8, 2009

payin your dues

Sunday at chuch our daughter, Drew, who is recently 5 years old takes an interest in the offering plate. To me this is lesson, I love this lesson and take ecery oppurtunity to teach it.


I am "pay it forwarder". My mom does not understand this term and no matter how many times I explain it to her she doesn't grasp it. When I use this term I have no auto-definition it to her. Goes like this:


Me- Yeah, and I told him to pay it forward and it will work out.

Her- Pay it forward, I've heard you say that before, what does it mean again?

Me- To do the right thing, to give someone more tahn they deserve so that they may make the world a better place, it's like a positive triangle scheme.

Her- Joy, really you just make this stuff up.

Me- Mom, No there was a movie, you should watch it. Then it will all click.

Mom- There you go again- click, what does that mean?


Ok, I have to give her credit, she is a teacher after all.


Anyway, i've interuppted myself.


Drew wants a dollar to put in the offering plate on this particular Sunday, the first one I remember her wanting to participate. So we give her a dollar and I lean down to whisper that when the plate goes by she needs to put in her dollar.

Her face goes to pout mode and she says, "But it's mine."

I tell her if you give it to God he will give you more than that back. I tell her God works like that, all you have to do is show God you have faith that he will bless you and trust him to do it.

She watched the plate and places her precious dollar inside.

Once the men are gone carrying the plate she looks up at me and says, "He didn't even give me nothing back and I am mad at him."


No comments:

Post a Comment